If you are about to face upcoming dental extractions or have suffered from tooth loss, you have many choices when it comes to replacing your teeth for a natural-looking smile that works and feels as great as it looks. At Mount Royal Dental in Burlington, Ontario, we offer customized tooth replacement solutions to meet a wide variety of patients’ needs, including All-on-4 dental implants.
What are All-on-4 dental implants?
All-on-4 is a minimally invasive tooth replacement option for patients who need to replace a full arch of teeth. Just four strategically placed dental implants are used to securely fasten a custom-made denture in your mouth, providing you with excellent functionality and a beautiful smile without the need for multiple surgeries or months of waiting for your new teeth.
Benefits of All-on-4 implants
The All-on-4 system is loved by both patients and dentists alike because it blends the versatility and affordability of dentures with the functionality and health benefits of dental implants. All-on-4 implants:
- Restore your ability to chew, eat, and speak with confidence.
- Enable you to bite down with approximately 70 percent greater force than traditional dentures.
- Help prevent the deterioration of your jawbone that typically occurs with tooth loss.
- Fill in your cheeks for a more youthful facial appearance.
- Are less painful and have a shorter recovery period than traditional implants.
- Can often be completed in just one visit, so you don’t have to wait months for your implants to heal before having your new teeth placed.
The process of placing All-on-4 implants
Getting All-on-4 implants placed consists of the following steps:
- The first step involves a consultation with our dental team in which we will closely examine your dental records, current oral health, and other factors that can affect the placement of your implants. We will also take scans of your jawbone, which provide critical information in planning your implant surgery, such as the position of your nerves and sinuses.
- Prior to your surgery, we will administer anesthesia, so you are completely comfortable and pain-free. Then, the implants will be placed in the precise location that we have planned, and your new teeth will be affixed to the implants. Overall, the surgery typically takes two to four hours per arch.
- We will provide you with all the after-care instructions you need to take care of your mouth for a smooth recovery. You will need to avoid crunchy, crispy, and sticky foods and strenuous exercise in the days after your surgery, and we will schedule follow-up visits to closely monitor your healing and recovery.
Candidates for All-on-4 implants
All-on-4 can be an excellent option for patients who have lost a full arch of teeth who want the stability of dental implants but for whom replacing each tooth with individual implants is not feasible. In addition to being a more economical option than a full set of implants, All-on-4 is a great choice for patients who have experienced bone loss and typically does not require bone grafting or sinus augmentation.
All-on-4 dental implants near me
If you live in the Burlington, ON area and are interested in learning more about the All-on-4 dental implant system, the team at Mount Royal Dental is here to help. In your personalized consultation, we will evaluate your smile and answer any questions you have, including providing a customized cost estimate. To schedule your consultation, call us today at (905) 581-9912