Invisalign: A clear choice in straightening for Burlington area teens and adults
Many people want to have straight, attractive smiles, but the idea of living with a mouthful of bands, brackets, and wires hold them back. For teenagers and adults in Burlington
and surrounding areas, Invisalign
can be an excellent alternative to conventional orthodontics.
We start by taking three-dimensional impressions of your mouth. A robust computer software program turns these images into your customized Invisalign treatment plan, designing a series of aligners that gently and gradually
move teeth into proper alignment. You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, before progressing to the next stage.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Clear. The aligners are made of transparent plastic that is barely noticeable. Plus, with the Invisalign system you can see your smile changing, “real time.”
- Wearable. Most patients adapt quickly to speaking and drinking water with aligners inserted.
- Easy care. We show you how to care for your aligners to keep them clear and smelling fresh.
- Comfortable. The BPA-free plastic is smooth. There are no brackets or wires to irritate soft tissues, and no wire tightening appointments.
- Removable. You take aligners out to eat the foods you love, and to keep your mouth sparkling clean with home care and regular hygiene appointments at Mount Royal Dental.
- Convenient. You are scheduled for brief appointments every six-weeks, so that the dentist may review your progress, and encourage you to remain compliant, wearing the aligners at least 20 to 22 hours a day.
Each patient is different, but a typical Invisalign treatment plan takes about a year. Most individuals with healthy teeth and gums are good candidates, from minor misalignment to complex cases.
Invisalign is also a good choice for the former orthodontic patient who has not worn his or her retainer and has found that teeth have shifted.
Schedule a complimentary consultation at Mount Royal Dental in Burlington to learn more about Invisalign.
Our number is (905) 581-9912