Gentle and efficient: Laser dentistry in Burlington
A laser is a device that emits a beam of concentrated light energy in a specific wavelength. Laser technology has been around since the 1960s, and it has revolutionized dentistry in the last 20 years. Laser procedures are precise, minimize bleeding, and heal faster than traditional methods. Mount Royal Dental brings the benefits of laser dentistry to patients in the Burlington and greater Toronto area.
How are lasers used?
We use a soft tissue diode laser to:
- Treat gum disease. Gum disease is a silent, painless infection capable of progressing virtually unnoticed. In the early stages of gingivitis, it irritates soft tissues, causing gums to lose their tight seal to teeth. Untreated, periodontitis eventually attacks ligaments and bones that stabilize teeth, causing them to fall out or require extraction. Gum disease is also linked to a host of systemic medical conditions. Laser therapy vaporizes diseased gum tissue without cutting or sutures. It also sterilizes pockets eliminating harmful bacteria. In two to eight visits, you can be free of gum disease.
- Relieve the discomfort of cold and canker sores.
- Expose wisdom teeth that have not erupted through the gums.
- Reshape gums for improved smile aesthetics.
- Treat root canal infection.
Low-level laser therapy with the THOR cold laser reduces inflammation, relieves chronic pain, and speeds wound healing. We use the cold laser:
- For improved periodontal healing.
- To boost the healing of dental implants.
- To alleviate discomfort from TMJ disorders.
Our dentists have training and experience in the safe application of laser therapies, the equipment is well-maintained, and patients are provided with protective eyewear during treatment.
We want your experiences at Mount Royal Dental to be pleasant. Our investment in laser dentistry is part of our commitment to providing gentle, effective treatment options to help you enjoy a healthy mouth with minimal treatment discomfort. Call our Burlington office at (905) 581-9912 to learn more about laser therapies we provide.
Types of Laser Therapy at Mount Royal Dental explained by Dr. Sam Gupta
What is Soft Tissue Laser and how does it work?
This is for curing small gum issues. This is used for small procedures that you can get away with a little bit of topical freezing and lasering-off that small gum issue.
What is Cold Laser Therapy and what is it used for?
Cold Laser Therapy is used for pain management and healing.
We use this for patients who have,
– TMJ problems
– Pain in their joints
– Implant therapy
– Healing after the extraction socket
– Different pain indications of the head and neck